Innovate UK has issued an open call for projects for its ‘open grant funding’ programme, Smart.
Innovate UK will invest up to £20 million in the best disruptive ideas and projects with a view to commercialisation, with projects that overlap with Innovate UK’s grand challenge areas – including clean growth – particularly welcomed.
Projects submitted for consideration must last at least six months, with total eligible project costs for projects between six and 18 months standing at between £25,000 and £500,000 (single company or collaboration), and those for projects lasting between 19 and 36 months standing at between £25,000 and £2 million (collaboration only).
Projects must start by 4 November 2019 and end no later than 4 November 2022.
To lead a project you must:
- Be a UK-based business of any size or a research and technology organisation (RTO);
- Carry out your project in the UK;
- Intend to exploit the results from the UK;
- Be an SME if you want to work alone; and
- Include an SME if you want to collaborate with others (businesses, research organisations, public sector organisations and/or charities).
The call for applications will close on Wednesday 24 April 2019 at 12pm.
More information can be found on Innovate UK Smart Grants funding page.