The Centre for Sustainable and Circular Technologies (University of Bath) presents this series of online seminars by Professor John Warner (Monash University and Warner Babcock Institute), 2020/2021 University of Bath Global Chair and Founder of Green Chemistry.
Dates and times
When: 18 February 2021, 13.00-14.30 GMT
Learning outcomes: Discusses the role Green Chemistry plays in creativity and invention at the R&D and product design stage.
- What are the elements of innovation and how can they enhance creativity?
- What are some examples of early-stage research being translated into commercial applications?
- How to discover the commonality of molecular mechanisms across seemingly unrelated fields of science?
When: 18 March 2021, 13.00-14.30 GMT
Learning outcomes: Gives an overview of the fields of toxicology and environmental health sciences, and a somewhat non-technical foundation of general concepts.
- What are the basic concepts of mechanistic toxicology to help me better understand related literature?
- How can I use knowledge from the fields of toxicology and environmental health sciences to be a better chemist?
- How do I make the chemistry I am designing safer for humans and the environment?
When: 15 April 2021, 13.00-14.30 BST