The European Biopolymers Summit 2019 will bring together senior executives and experts working in the biopolymers sector, from manufacturers, chemical companies and consultants to discuss the latest developments and future prospects for the industry.
The event, now in its sixth year, also provides the opportunities for industry stakeholders to meet experts from other sectors such as the food and beverage industry, the packaging industry and the car industry to discuss the latest strategies on the commercialisation, application and market success of biopolymer products and ways to overcome market challenges.
The two-day event will take place in Ghent, Belgium, over 13-14 February 2018 and will cover topics such as: current environmental projects and regulations within the biopolymer industry; assessing the feedstock landscape for biopolymers’ production; biopolymers in the circular economy; introducing new technologies in processing new bio-based materials; assessing the bio-based new content; and more.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Rana Pant, Team Leader, European Commission,
- Hermann Diem, Global Technical Manager, Clariant BU Additives, BL AS
- Marco Jansen, Commercial Director Renewable Chemicals (Bioplastics), Braskem
- Andreas Kuenkel, VP Biopolymer Research, BASF
- Soren Kristiansen, Director Specialist Materials, Lego Group
- Lars Boerger, Head of Product, Emerging Businesses Unit, NESTE
- Peter Hawighorst, Project Manager, ISCC System GmbH
- Lidia Garcia, Head of Biopolymers, AITIIP BARBARA
- Patrick Zimmermann, Director of Marketing and Sales, FKuR Kunststoff GmbH
- Hendrik Waegeman, Business Development, Bio Base Europe
- David Newman, Managing Director, Bio-Based and Biodegradable Industries Association (BBIA)
- Dorothee Arns, Executive Director, CEFIC
- Sabine Lindner, Consumer and Environmental Affairs, PlasticsEurope
The cost of the event is £1,695 for the two days. All BBIA members will receive a £255 discount on their conference ticket. The obtain the discount, members must contact Mohammad Ahsan, Marketing, Sales and Media Partnerships Manager, on email@example.com.
You can view the full conference agenda on the ACI website.